- Business Litigation 50%
- Employment Litigation 30%
- Business/Corporate 20%
Todd Zucker is the managing member of Todd Zucker PLLC in Houston, Texas. Mr. Zucker practices trial law for businesses, employers and employees. Mr. Zucker handles business and employment matters at all stages, including prevention, litigation, mediation, arbitration and on appeal.
Mr. Zucker has more than 30 years of experience and has handled litigation in Texas, Louisiana, Colorado and New York. In recognition of his accomplishments, Martindale-Hubbell awarded him an AV Preeminent* peer review rating for more than 20 years straight.
After earning a bachelor's degree from The University of Texas at Austin in the Plan II honors program, Mr. Zucker received his law degree from South Texas College of Law. While in law school, Mr. Zucker served as the Managing Editor of the South Texas Law Review and also received a law review award for the best article on litigation.
Mr. Zucker later served as the Editor in Chief of The Houston Lawyer from 1998-99, and in connection with his work as editor, Mr. Zucker received the Houston Bar Association's President's Award for excellent service.
Mr. Zucker is eligible to practice before Texas state courts and several federal district courts in Texas, and he is admitted to practice before the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Zucker is involved in the Houston community. He volunteers on several committees of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, was the chairman of the Magazine Committee and has served on the board of directors since 2005. Mr. Zucker also provides volunteer services to Citizens for Animal Protection, a local animal shelter.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1989
- Honors: South Texas Law Review, Managing Editor, 1988-1989
- Honors: Member of the Order of the Lytae
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: Plan II Honors Program
- Texas, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1990
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1990
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Order of the Lytae
- Gilpin, Pohl and Bennett Award, Best Article on Litigation, 1988
- Chief Justice Charles E. Hughes Award, Distinguished Service, L.R.1989
- AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has selected by Texas "Super Lawyers" (a Thompson Reuters service)
- AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has selected by Texas "Super Lawyers" (a Thompson Reuters service), 2017-2019
- Houston Bar Association's President's Award for Outstanding Service after serving as Editor in Chief of the Houston Lawyer magazine
Fraternities or Sororities
- Sigma Alpha Mu
- Chairman, Rodeo's Bowlegged H Magazine
- Retail Law Strategist, Landlord Discrimination, Feb. 2006
- Best's Review, Don't Take It: It’s Mine, Enforceable Non-piracy Agreements Protect the Business Interests of Both Agencies and Agents, Jan. 2006
- Houston Business Journal, Firing a Pregnant Employee: Just Treat Her Like Everybody Else, Apr. 29, 2005
- Texas Lawyer, Ode to the Workplace Valentine: Lovelorn Lawyers’ Actions Can Lead to Litigation, Feb. 14, 2005
- Houston Business Journal – Business Survival Guide, What Should a Company Do When an OSHA Inspector Shows Up?, May 7, 2004
- Houston Business Journal, New Rule Will Shift Attorney Costs, Encouraging Lawyers to Settle Faster, Feb. 9, 2004
- Houston Business Journal – Banking and Finance Quarterly, Make Lawyer a Strategic Partner, Not Just Phone Call of Last Resort, June 6, 2003
- Texas Bar Journal, Drafting the Enforceable Non-compete: The Litigation Perspective, June 1994
- Bohreer & Zucker LLP , Partner , 2006 to 2019
- Boyar Miller , 1989 to 2006
Current Employment Position
- Managing Member